- The tourist information centers in the Netherlands are often called VVV. Look for signs .
- Visit the beach resort "Hoek van Holland" and see ships enter the harbour of Rotterdam.
- Taste our Poffertjes! (mini pancakes)
- Other nice places in The Netherlands are Valkenburg, Delft, Leiden, Maastricht, Zierikzee, Volendam and Marken.
- Very toeristic attractions in Holland are the Zaanse Schans and during a limited time (half March till half May) the Keukenhof.
- Get the Rotterdam Welcome Card including public transportation for 1, 2 or 3 days. Available at the VVV Toerist Office.
- When you visit Rotterdam by car, know that parking can be a problem. Parking meters on the street don't take coins, just bank or credit card.
- Rotterdam center is a Low Emission Zone (Milieu zone). Not Allowed are cars on gasoline with a registration date before 1 January 1992.
For diesel vehicles a registration of 1 January 2001 applies.
- The Markethall is open all week but the open air market in the center is there only on Tuesday and Saturday.
- Leijnse Stadstours has nice excursions to places around Rotterdam. I highly recommend Delft and Kinderdijk
but places like Gouda, Schiedam, Dordrecht and The Hague are also nice to visit.
- When you see a place called "Bram Ladage" check out their great Dutch Fries (Patat).
- Top 12 Rotterdam: Market Hall, Euromast, Erasmus Bridge, SS Rotterdam, Delfshaven, Spido Boat Tours,
Maritime Museum, HAL Building, Blijdorp Zoo, Cube Houses, Historic Tram Line 10, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen.
- Rent a boat and sail the channels or lakes of Rotterdam. There's a sloop for rent close to the Market Hall on the Lombardkade near number 46. Reservate here.
- Cylindric painting Panorama Mesdag.
- Girl with a Pear Earring at the Mauritshuis Museum.
- Beach resort Scheveningen and Madurodam miniature city.
Go on Thursday morning to the Cheese Market (From 5 April to 30 August).
Visit one of the Delft Blue Pottery's.
Do you have a tip to add to this list, Let me know!