Jones: Eye of the Dragon
General Tips & Information
- To access the main menu, use ESC, or the Menu button inside inventory.
Here you can save and load games. There is no auto-save feature, so it is
recommended to save your game often. There are 20 save game slots.
- To access inventory, hit Escape. To use an item, select it with the mouse.
You can also show/hide inventory by using a right-click, or the “I” key. Use
the drag and drop method to combine items inside of inventory.
- In the beginning of the game, you have the option to use the guide; this
will give you some step-by-step tutorials. For more of a challenge, select to
go without the guide.
- Inside your inventory is Diamon's journal. All goals will be listed here,
along with notes on the subject to date.
- Your cursor will change when interactions are possible. When you are
holding an item, the center of the cursor will light up if you are on a hot
spot. This is not an indication that you are using the correct item. If you
get stuck, search carefully for hot spots.
- Talk to all characters completely. New dialog choices may appear after
certain actions, so check often.
The Port Area
- Diamon is broke again! The bartender, Win-dou offers Diamon a job stealing
a seal from his brother, Yung-Ix.
- Talk to Win-dou.
- Win-dou tells Diamon that the drunkard has plans for the pawnshop.
- Try to talk to the drunkard, but he is passed out.
- Talk to Win-dou to learn about the cannon.
- Look at the cannon to discover that there are many rats inside the barrel.
- Take the wrench from the tool box.
- Use the wrench on the cannon to scare the rats away.
- Pick-up the match and light the fuse of the cannon.
- Talk to the drunkard again; he will give you the plans to the pawnshop.
- Look at the plans.
- Exit the inn.
- Take the saw handle near the lower edge of the screen.
- Enter the pawnshop.
- Shoo away the cat on the counter and take the newspaper.
- Read the newspaper.
- Take the turtle from the table; use it with the dragon on the counter.
- Ring the dragon/turtle bell; Yung-Ix will appear.
- Talk to Yung-Ix completely; then, exit the pawnshop.
- Take the saw handle near the lower edge of the screen.
- Walk right to the courtyard.
- Take the wheel that is leaning against the fence.
- You can do nothing more here at this time.
- Walk left to exit the scene.
- Walk down the stairs to the wharf.
- Take the pocket watch.
- Look at the sewer cover twice.
- Look at the swordfish twice.
- Talk to La, the fisherman, to discover he lost his token for the
- Exit the wharf and return to the pawnshop.
- Give the watch to Yung-Ix; he will give you a promissory note.
- Talk to Yung-Ix about La's token.
- Exit the pawnshop and return to the inn.
- Give the promissory note to Win-dou in return for a bottle of booze.
- Give the booze to the drunkard and talk to him about the token.
- The drunkard will give Diamon the token.
- Exit the inn and return to the wharf.
- Give the token to La; he will ask you to retrieve his jug from the
- Exit the wharf and return to the pawnshop.
- Talk to Yung-Ix about the jug; he will give you the code to the safe.
- Click on the safe to go to the close-up view.
- Place the token in the slot.
- Press 1-2-5. *Note - these are in numerical order, starting at the top and
reading left to right.
- Pull the lever and take the jug from the drawer.
- If you make a mistake, the token will appear in the return slot.
- Exit the pawnshop and return to the wharf.
- Give the jug to La; he will give you the sword of a swordfish.
- Inside of your inventory, drag and drop the saw handle onto the sword
(bone) to make a saw.
- Use the saw on the sewer grate. Diamon will automatically enter the sewer.
- Try the wall lever. It opens the grate, but it will not stay open.
- Hang the wheel on the lever and walk left to the next room.
- Click on the first barrel to bring up the mini-game.
- The objective is to cross to the other side by jumping on the barrels.
- Left-click to jump to the left; right-click to jump to the right.
- Time your jumps so Diamon lands on the barrel as it is emerging from under
the sewer water.
- Quickly jump to the next one before it submerges, or you will have to
start the sequence over.
- Climb up the ladder.
- You are now looking at the courtyard view.
- Click on the manhole cover and Diamon will exit the sewer.
- Move the barrel and take the fan.
- Walk left and enter the bedroom.
- Ju-Ly is bored and wants friends.
- Give Ju-Ly the red fan and she will invite you to play mahjong.
- Click on the mahjong board to enter the mini-game.
- The object of this mini-game is to clear the board by matching pairs of
- You may only match pairs that are unlocked, or free of other tiles on one
- Tiles that are free are highlighted.
- There are four of each tile.
- You may right-click to reverse your moves.
- Talk to Ju-Ly and ask her about the seal.
- Move the picture aside and take the seal.
- Take the gate key from under the rug.
- Exit the bedroom.
- Use the key to unlock the gate.
- Walk left and return to the inn.
- Give the seal to Win-Dou; he will pay you as promised.
- Exit the tavern.
- Give the money to Da-Shing, the rickshaw driver; he will take you to
Flowers Street Area
- The rickshaw has hit someone. It's Mary Ocean and she is unconscious on
- Take and read the newspaper.
- Talk to the policeman to find that only certain professions may get near
the crash site.
- Talk to Da-Shing to find you need a hat like his to pull the
- Go to the teahouse.
- Take the hat and the pipe.
- Talk to the pilot. It's our old friend Fuffy and he's hooked on opium.
- Exit the teahouse.
- Put the hat on Diamon and talk to Da-Shing.
- Diamon pulls the rickshaw to the policeman and gets clearance to enter the
- Take a stone and enter the drugstore.
- Talk to the pharmacist about Mary; discover that the ammonia is on the top
- Use the stone on the ammonia and take it after it falls to the ground.
- Talk to the pharmacist about Fuffy; learn he will give you the recipe for
a remedy, if you help him solve the chess puzzle.
- Click on the chess board to enter the mini-game.
- The object is to move the knight and capture all the other pieces.
- Available moves will be marked in green. Click on the piece you want to
- Use right-click to undo moves if necessary.
- With the first number as the row, and the second indicating the column,
click on the pieces in the following locations:
1-2, 3-1, 4-3, 6-2,
8-3, 7-1, 9-2, 8-4, 6-3, 4-2, 2-1, 1-3, 3-4, 5-5, 7-6, 9-7, 8-9, 6-8, 4-7,
2-6, 1-8, 3-9, 2-7, 4-8, 6-7, 7-9, 9-8, 8-6.
- Talk to the pharmacist and he will give you the recipe.
- Read the recipe and note the ingredients.
- Take the pepper off the right counter.
- Take the oil from the left basket.
- Take the spider legs and ivy from the two rear drawers.
- Exit the drugstore.
- Walk down and return to Mary.
- Use the ammonia to revive Mary.
- Talk to Mary and learn about the book she needs to find the Lost City.
- Walk to the bookstore.
- Talk to the shopkeeper about the Dragon book.
- The book is on the top level, but the lift needs oiling. The shopkeeper
gives Diamon an oil can.
- Combine the oil and the oil can.
- Use the filled oil can on the lift; then, click the lever to activate a
- Left-click to start the gears and left-click again to stop them so that
the red arrows are pointing at each other.
- There are range indicators on each side of the arrows that show the
- The lift will fall one level if the arrows do not line up.
- You will need to correctly align the gears a minimum of three times to
reach the top floor.
- Take and read the Dragon book.
- Use the lift again; it crashes to the floor!
- Take the piece of wire that falls out onto the floor.
- Exit the bookstore and talk to Mary about the Dragon book. There are pages
- Return to the bookstore and inquire about the pages.
- The bookseller admits the Win-Dou was interested in the book.
- Exit the bookstore and walk down to the wreck area.
- Give Da-Shing money and return to the port area.
- Enter the inn and open the door behind the bar.
- Take the salt from the shelf.
- Use the wire on the chest to activate a mini-game.
- To successfully pick the lock on the chest, you need to move all five
tumblers to the top.
- Move the pick under a tumbler and left-click to release the tumbler.
- Left-click again to freeze it at the top. Do this with all five
- Exit the kitchen and the inn.
- Give the money to Da-Shing to return to the Flower's street area.
- Talk to Mary about the Dragon book. She will head to the dirigible.
- Walk down to the dirigible and speak to Mary again. She will give you her
- Give the ticket to the guard and he will allow you entry.
- Enter the left building to access the dirigible.
- Enter the deck house and take the moth balls from under the blue couch.
- Exit the dirigible and return to the teahouse.
- Give the pipe to Fuffy to activate a mini-game.
- The object is to prepare the fire mixture according to the recipe.
- You can click on the recipe at any time to reference the list of
- Drag the ingredients to the pipe bowl until you have completed the
- Give the pipe with the fire mixture to Fuffy to break the opium spell.
- Fuffy heads back to the dirigible.
Aboard the Dirigible
- Exit the tea room and return to the dirigible.
- Enter the deck house and open the trap door.
- Enter the trap door and go to the machine room.
- Take the hanging cloth.
- Turn on the machine with the red wheel to discover it is leaking gas.
- Place the wrench on the bolt.
- Try to turn the wrench, but it will not move.
- Exit the machine room and return to the deck.
- Walk down to the cabins and talk to Caruso.
- Take the lighter from the table and return to the deck.
- Talk to Capone on the upper deck.
- Talk to him a second time to ask about the machine.
- Capone will tell Buffy to go assist.
- Use the cloth on the tar.
- Return to the machine room, Buffy will follow automatically.
- Tell Buffy to turn the wrench.
- Take the fallen machine part to activate a mini-game.
- Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, tilt the board to guide the ball
from the top to the exit at the bottom.
- You can see the degree of tilt in the inset box.
- Take the valve from your inventory and replace it on the machine.
- Exit the machine room.
- The commandant is very upset you have started the engines and starts
yelling out the window.
- Use the tar on the commandant's behind; then, use the lighter to set it on
- Talk to Fuffy, and the dirigible rises above Shanghai.
- Talk to Fuffy to discover he has lost the map. The four pieces are
scattered on the dirigible.
- Exit the deck house and walk to the cabin area below deck.
- Walk down to the other end of the corridor
- Enter Mary's room.
- Take the pillow and the pen.
- Talk to Mary about the map; she will give one of the pieces.
- Exit her room and enter Capone's room.
- Talk to Capone about the map.
- He will give you his piece in return for sending a telegraph.
- Take the skull label off the box.
- Exit Capone's room.
- Try to open the closed room.
- Walk to the other end of the corridor and enter Caruso's room.
- Take the tail-coat and the sedative.
- Combine the sedative with the skull label.
- Give the pen to Caruso.
- Talk to Caruso several times, until after you discuss his suicide.
- Give Caruso the fake poison and leave the room.
- Re-enter Caruso's room to find him sound asleep.
- Take the map piece that has fallen to the floor, near Caruso's hand.
- Sit in the wheelchair and you will automatically exit the room.
- Move down to the other end of the corridor.
- Click on the closed room; Diamon will use the wheelchair to break down the
- Take the gum arabic.
- Try to move the right crate.
- Try to take the cheese cookies from the left crate; a ninja will attack!
- In this mini-game, use the left mouse button to attack and the right to
- You must drain all his energy before your own energy is drained.
- Take the cheese cookies and exit the room.
- Give the cheese cookies to Buffy.
- Talk to Buffy; ask her for help moving the crate.
- Return to the ninja's room and ask Buffy to move the crate.
- Take the map piece that was underneath the crate.
- Exit the room and go to the deck house.
- Click on the telegraph to open a mini-game.
- The object of this mini-game is to move the arrow to the green end of the
- Click for dots; click and hold for dashes.
- Exit the deck house and return to Capone's room.
- Talk to Capone about the map; he will give you the final piece.
- The four map pieces will automatically combine.
- Return to the deck house and give the map to Fuffy.
- Airplanes begin attacking! A cut-scene has Diamon jumping from the
dirigible to an enemy airplane.
- This opens a mini-game in which the goal is to shoot down the other enemy
- Use the right and left arrow keys to move, and press the space bar to
- You have won when the green bar is empty.
- Diamon is back aboard the dirigible, but it has taken heavy damage.
- Run to Capone's room and take the trousers from the drawer.
- Return to the deck.
- Climb the rope found on the far left of the screen.
- Use the gum arabic to repair the three small holes.
- Use the pillow, trousers, and tail-coat on the three larger holes.
- Talk to Mary; she suggests convincing the brothers to stay put until they
- Talk to Win-dou and Yung-Ix.
- Return to the deck of the dirigible and walk to the deck house.
- Talk to Fuffy; he warns you about the approaching storms.
- This triggers a mini-game.
- The object is to safely maneuver the dirigible through the tornadoes.
- Use the right and left mouse buttons to maneuver.
- Try to keep the indicator arrow in the green portion of the dial.
- Talk to Mary and discover she is trapped by giant scorpions!
- Look at the dungeon door to activate a mini-game.
- The object is to correctly place all the tiles to complete the design.
- Left-click to select a tile. Left-click again to rotate.
- Left-click on two tiles to swap places.
- Right-click to set the tile.
- Walk down to the archeologist's camp.
- Take the pry bar that's near the shovels.
- From inside the tent, take the diary, bug spray, and wire.
- Read the diary.
- Walk right to the temple area.
- Walk to the upper right and head to the statues.
- Walk to the left to see the crashed plane.
- Take the gas can.
- Return to the temple area.
- Walk up and to the left, to the crashed plane.
- Use the gas can on the spilled fuel.
- Take the bomb.
- Talk to the pilot until he passes away.
- Look in his pocket and take the flag.
- Exit the plane area and return to the temple area.
- Use the flag on the water.
- Walk to the left and return to the landing area.
- Use the spray on the scorpions and free Mary.
- Pick up the detonator and combine it with the bomb.
- Enter the dungeon area.
- Put the fuel in the basin.
- Use the lighter to light the skulls according to the diary entry.
- Exit the dungeon and return to the temple area.
- Pull the now-accessible lever to lower water in the moat.
- Enter the temple.
- Take the candlestick.
- Look at the center of the raised platform.
- The niche is shaped exactly like the brother's seal; the engraving is of
the living statues in front of the tomb entrance.
- Talk to the brothers about the seal.
- The seal heats up in Win-dou's pocket, and he drops it to the ground.
- Use the wet flag to pick up the seal.
- Use the seal on the center of the platform. *Note - you cannot place the
seal in the close-up view.
- A mini-game is activated in which you must move the symbols around the
board to their matching positions.
- Press the arrow buttons at the four locations to move the symbols.
- Please note there are many solutions for this puzzle. Yours may differ
from this solution.
- The top and bottom sets of arrows move left and right, while the left and
right sets of arrows move up and down.
- The solution is written so that “L-U x 4” the first letter (L, U, B, or R)
represents the left, upper, bottom, or right sets of buttons; the second
letter (D, R, L, or U) represents down, right, left, or up buttons; the number
following the “x” designates the number of times the particular button should
L-D x 4, T-R x 6, B-R x 2, T-L x 4, B-L x 2, R-U x 2, B-R
x 1, R-U x 1, B-L x 1, R-D x 3.
- Exit the temple and walk up to the area with the statues.
- One of the statues is alive and preventing you from entering the tomb.
- If you have not done so, combine the bomb with the detonator.
- Give the living statue the bomb to keep him occupied.
- After the statue explodes, walk up the stairs to the tomb entrance.
- Take the rat.
- Pick up a piece of the broken stone heads to activate a mini-game.
- The object of this mini-game is to rebuild the three stone heads.
- Select a piece from the bottom. It will be enlarged so you can see the
shape of the piece.
- Hover the mouse over the three niches, until you find an outline that
matches the enlarged piece.
- Click to place the piece. Repeat this process with all the pieces.
- Talk to the left head to learn the secret word.
- Tell the center head the secret word to discover that the left head
- The right head gears up to blast you, but he fizzles out and drops an
- Take the emerald.
- Talk to the left head about football and the secret word.
- Talk to the center head and learn that the left head lied to you again.
- Talk to the left head and threaten to use a pickaxe.
- Talk to the center head to find you have only part of the word.
- Talk to the right head to learn the rest of the secret word.
- Tell the center head the secret word, and the door will open.
- Walk ahead to enter the gloomy hall.
- Talk to Capone and learn that Buffy found a ruby.
- Talk to Buffy about the ruby.
- Buffy wants three songs about cheese cookies in exchange for the ruby.
- Sing songs to Buffy until he gives you the ruby.
- Talk to Mary about the dragon book.
- Read the book once more. Note that the last drawing is similar to the
giant head over the door.
- Take the lever from the left urn and the topaz from the right urn.
- Walk through the left doorway to the round room.
- Take the sapphire (labeled opal) from the urn.
- Place the lever in the slot.
- Pull the lever, but nothing happens.
- Talk to Fuffy and pull the levers together.
- The floor opens up, and Caruso falls through.
- Climb down the ladder.
- It's very dark! Use the lighter on the wall torches.
- Take the amethyst and the shield.
- Use the pry-bar on the stegosaurus skull to find the light blue gem
- Walk through the doorway and return to the gloomy hall.
- Hang the shield on the wall to the right of Mary.
- Turn the shield to reveal a hidden passageway.
- Take the horned skull from the sarcophagus.
- Use the pry-bar on the skull and get the aquamarine.
- Toss the rat to the scorpions to keep them busy for a while.
- Take the bone.
- Click on the temple to open a mini-game.
- Refer to the symbols in the diary.
- Select the stones in the correct order to solve the puzzle.
- Place the bone in the crack on the pillar.
- Take the chain to attach it to the bone.
- Grab the chain to cross the room.
- Exit and return to the gloomy hall.
- Walk up the steps to the large skull.
- Use the diagram from the Dragon book as a reference.
- Place the gems into the niches in the correct sequence.
- Walk ahead into the burial vault.
- There is a ball of lightning protecting the Dragon's Eye.
- Combine the candlestick and the wire and toss it at the ball of lighting.
- Connect the end of the wire to the vase to draw the lightning away from
the Dragon's Eye.
- Take the Dragon's Eye and activate a mini-game.
- Use the Dragon's Eye to defeat the monster.
- Use the left-click to attack; right-click to defend.
- You must watch the bottom energy meter and allow it to recharge.
- Capone enters the room, takes the Dragon's Eye and opens a portal.
- Diamon tries to stop Capone, but Capone uses the Dragon's Eye to turn him
into a statue.
- Mary jumps through the portal to chase after the Dragon's Eye.
- You are now playing as Mary Ocean.
- Talk to Shag-rock and learn he requires a lock pick.
- Take the rubber pig and soap.
- Try the gate to the park, but it is locked.
- Enter the casino.
- The banker under the table yells at her to be careful. He has lost his
- Take the spoon, dentures, sandwich, and tea.
- Try to give the dentures to the banker, but they are missing two teeth.
- Combine the spoon and the tea to find a tooth.
- Combine the tooth with the dentures.
- Exit the casino.
- Give the sandwich to Shag-rock.
- He finds a tooth in the sandwich and gives it to you.
- Combine the tooth and the dentures.
- Return to the banker in the casino.
- Give the banker the dentures. He is very happy.
- Talk to the banker; he tells you that children are not allowed in the
- He gives you a dollar to buy bubble gum.
- Exit the casino and give the dollar to Shag-rock.
- Shag-rock runs off to gamble, leaving the lock pick in the car door.
- Try to take the pick, but it is stuck.
- Use the soap on the lock pick; then take the pick.
- Use the pick on the garden gate.
- Walk through the gate.
- There is an open window, but it is too high.
- Give the dog the rubber pig.
- Push the trashcan to open a mini-game.
- The objective is to stop the arrow just past the midway point so that the
garbage bin will stop under the window.
- Take the glass shard that was behind the trash bin.
- Climb into the window.
- Read the note on the chair about repairing the slot machine.
- Take the blue key from the desk.
- Take the yellow key from the cupboard.
- Take the light blue key from the drawer.
- Open the bottom cupboard door and take the satchel.
- Use the glass on the satchel to find the gray key.
- Open the bottom drawer on the dresser to find the green key.
- Try to open the top drawer, but it's stuck.
- Try to peek inside the drawer and you can see something shiny.
- Take the coat hanger and use it on the top drawer. You now have a bunch of
- Exit through the window and return to the casino.
- Use the keys on the broken slot machine to activate a mini-game.
- The object is to get three sevens on the line.
- Left-click once to start the first barrel rotating.
- Click again to stop it on seven. If you are unsuccessful, click again to
start the barrel rotating.
- Duplicate this process with the other two drums.
- The huge jackpot draws the bouncer away from his post.
- Run up the stairs.
- There's Buffy! Good thing he's asleep at his post.
- Enter the security room on the left.
- Take the ruler.
- Open the electrical box to begin a mini-game.
- The objective of this mini-game is to correctly place, and rotate, the
wire pieces, so that the charge can continue moving along the wires.
- Click on two tiles to swap. Left-click to rotate the tile and right-click
to set the tile.
- If the charge gets to a point where it cannot move forward, the mini-game
- Now that power is restored to the alarm, push the button to sound the
- Mary will automatically hide as Buffy runs in to investigate.
- Exit the security room and the boardroom at the end of the hall.
- Answer the telephone. Capone thinks you are Buffy and tells you to get the
key and open the safe.
- Take the cigar.
- Exit the boardroom and enter Ellie's room.
- Talk to Ellie.
- Take the candles and place them on the cake.
- Use the cigar to light the candles.
- Talk to Ellie; she blows out the candles.
- Use the ruler to cut a wedge of cake.
- Give the cake to Ellie.
- Talk to Ellie thoroughly; she will give you the key.
- Exit Ellie's room and return to the board room.
- Use the key on the safe.
- The safe is an elevator!
- Enter the elevator and go down to the lower level.
- Talk to Capone to begin the final mini-game.
- Mary automatically picks up the mirror.
- The object of this mini-game is to deflect the fireballs that Capone is
firing from the Dragon's Eye until his energy bar is depleted.
- To protect Mary's body area, use the left mouse button. Protect her head
with the right mouse button.
- When you defeat Capone, he will turn to gold.
- Take the Dragon's Eye and leave the lower level.
- Try to exit the boardroom; the bouncer will not let you pass.
- Use the Dragon's Eye and turn him to gold.
- Exit the casino; use the portal to return to the Lost City.
- View the final cut-scene where Mary destroys the Dragon's Eye to restore
life to Diamon.
Congratulations! You have solved Diamon Jones: Eye of the